Our future generations depend on the vision and generosity of those willing to make a gift today. A gift to an endowed fund, when co-invested with countless others, has exponential potential to impact our community in big ways.
What is an endowment fund?
An endowment fund is a permanent, self-sustaining source of funding. It is designed to preserve the principal of the fund while using a portion of the investment earning for annual grantmaking.
When you contribute to the Catalyst Endowment, your gift provide a permanent source of funding for visionary projects that address community needs over the long-term horizon as the needs of our community continue to grow and change.
The Catalyst Endowment
Catalyst Endowment donors entrust the Community Foundation with the evaluation of community needs and the administration of grants to implement programs based on the annual Vital Signs project of the Community Foundation.
Strategic, visionary projects that will have a significant and sustainable impact on quality of life in our community will be identified and prioritized. Seed funding from the Catalyst Endowment will be leveraged with other public and/or private funding sources to meet project funding requirements. A project team will be assembled from nonprofit agencies and possible local government agencies to collaboratively execute the project.
The goal is to "move the needle” on measurable community indicators, as determined by the Vital Signs project.
How it works
- You make an unrestricted gift to the Community Foundation’s Catalyst Endowment during your lifetime or through a bequest in your will.
- You can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets. Click here for instructions on how to make a donation to the Catalyst Endowment.
- Your gift will be part of the endowed Catalyst Endowment. Each year, earnings from this fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. The principal of the fund will remain intact.
- Your gift – and all future earnings from your gift and the gifts of others – will be a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.
- You receive the full tax benefits associated with your gift in the year your gift is made.