Join likeminded citizens, leaders and philanthropists who believe in the power of collective giving to generate positive change in our community today. The Community Catalyst Funds offer a path to connect with immediate projects and initiatives within broad areas of interest. These funds strategically shape the path of our community today and to position us for a stronger tomorrow.
At the heart of the Community Catalyst Funds is the Catalyst Endowment, which is a permanent source of community capital to address community needs across all areas of our community’s Quality of Life. As our community’s needs change, so do the programs we support. An unrestricted gift to the Catalyst Endowment allows you to support a broad range of present and emerging needs in our community. For more information about the Catalyst Endowment, click here.
Begin your journey by exploring our Quality of Life Framework for our regional community. As you identify the areas that you’re most passionate about, the Community Foundation can help guide you to the opportunities that meet your philanthropic goals. As a result of your investment, you can move the needle on key community Vital Signs.
Health & Wellness
- Health and Wellness Fund Promotes community-wide wellness and health by supporting efforts to reduce obesity and smoking and encouraging an active lifestyle
- Crestwood Women & Families Fund Awarding high-impact grants to organizations and projects that address the issues and meet the immediate needs of women and families in our community
- Education Fund Invests in the future of our community by supporting early childhood development, student achievement, college and career readiness, and the success of our educational system
- The Schools Foundation Endowment Fund A permanent source of capital that provides financial support for the Huntsville City, Madison City and Madison County school districts
- CAP & GOWN Project Fund Provides resources to guide children from low-income homes through college tours, admissions counseling, and college entrance exam preparation to enhance their access to college
- Summer Adventures in Learning (SAIL) Fund Collective impact project to combat summer learning loss, particularly among low-income or at-risk students
Neighborhood & Communities
- Economy Fund Develops an entrepreneurial eco-system by equipping our entrepreneurs and innovators to create and launch businesses and providing job growth for a diverse workforce
- Committee of 100's Creative Cities Fund Established by the Huntsville Committee of 100, this fund creates a culture of innovation in economic development and public education by developing cooperative solutions to local issues.
The Community Catalyst Funds are different from individual giving options because they:
- Group gifts from donors who are interested in making an impact in a shared area of interest.
- Are entrusted to the staff, Board of Directors and appointed committees of the Community Foundation for evaluating needs and administering the grant making process.